Registration is now open for our 2017 Symposium in Philadelphia, “Mythology, Women and Society: Growing the Groundswell.”
Join and Register from now until Feb. 15 to receive member early bird rate. NOTE:Registration cutoff for this event is March 3; there are no walk-ins permitted at this venue.
We will meet at Pendle Hill Retreat Center for a program of scholarship and arts, and a community conversation about women, society and justice:
- Peggy Reeves Sanday–Keynote: “The Matrixial Foundation of Maternal Cultural Meanings in Myth and Ritual,” exploring the matriarchal cultures of the Muoso and Minangkabau
- Annie Finch–a writing ritual for justice and healing
- Lucia Birnbaum and Cristina Biaggi–transformative justice
- Lisa Levart –“Art, Activism and the Goddess”
- Anna Crusis Women’s Choir–evening concert
Our program includes such topics as The Mothers of #Black Lives Matter, Biblical heroines and queer theory, Algerian mythology, Eco-Justice, Hildegard von Bingen and Anatolian Great Mothers.
Come early on Friday for interest groups discussions about film and intuitive knowledge, and other topics of interest. Those who register may apply for our Marketplace.
Update: The Film Interest Group will meet Friday evening. They will offer a special screening of “As She Is,” a new film by Megan McFeely, who will participate in the group’s conversation about the feminine principle and individual power for change. This is an authentic and beautiful documentary about a woman’s real quest into the unconscious to claim what was missing..to integrate the masculine with the feminine and give birth to herself. Simultaneously activist and contemplative, individual and collective, this film examines the roots of our current cultural crisis and reveals the power of the individual to influence the whole.
For more information contact our Events team.