Pre-register by Friday, April 3, 2015!
We are so excited to see everyone at our April 11 Symposium in Portland! Symposium registration ends Friday evening, April 3. After April 3, registration can made on a walk-in basis at the Symposium on April 11. Lunch may not be able to be included for walk-in registrations. Register soon, and we will see you in Portland!
Your Room at the Red Lion Hotel on the River (503) 283-4466
Please reserve your room right away to get our conference rate: Red Lion Reservation Link
PROGRAM SCHEDULE AND ABSTRACTS
Our program is set for the 2015 Symposium. We are excited about the quality and variety of presentations—thanks to all of our presenters. See below for the list of panels and presentations and a PDF of Abstracts. . We are also happy to include pre-symposium events that will be of interest but are not organized by ASWM.
Check out the complete Schedule! 2015 Program Schedule
NEW: Abstracts 2015 Alphabetical by author, summary of presentations
Friday 7:30 PM at Red Lion Hotel on the River
Special presentation by ASWM and Black Earth Institute
“Can the Blessed Virgin hold the heart of goddess women?” A Celebration and reading from Patricia Monaghan’s Mary: A Life in Verse with Michael McDermott
Saturday April 11, Registration 7:30 AM
Program 8:30 AM to 6:15 PM at Red Lion Hotel on the River
“Tales and Totems: Myth and Lineage in Goddess Scholarship”
- “Who Is Telling the Story? A Few Remarks on the Mythic Imagination” Keynote Presentation with Susan Griffin
- ASWM Awards Ceremony:
- Brigit Award for Excellence in the Arts, to Women of We’Moon
- Saga Special Recognition for Contribution to Women’s History, to Z Budapest
- “Goddess Lineage, Rituals and Community” with Z Budapest
- “Huntress and Hearth: Artemis and Hestia and the Balance of Connection and Solitude in Group Experience”
- “Sacred Presences in Secular Time: Myth and the Rebirth of the Old Goddesses of Europe”
- “Through Words, Pictures, Ceremonies: Feminist Spirituality and Cultural Identity”
- “Mother Earth: Fertile, Feminine and Feminist”
- “In the beginning was the Goddess: The Devi of Speech, Perception and Embodiment”
- “Guidance at the Thresholds: Goddess Spirituality and the Myth of Journeys.”
- “Destabilizing Gender, Decolonizing Place: Sacred Tales of Spirit Transformations”
- “Devotion, Death and Dynamism: The Many Faces of Mary Magdalene”
- “Goddesses of the living Land: Oregon Women’s Lands, Wisdom Circles, and Living Goddess Cultures”
- “Women Artists of We’Moon”
AND STAY FOR Sacred Shindig: A Sharing Time, free and open to the public
Saturday night, April 11 7:30 PM at Red Lion Hotel on the River
hosted by Women of We’Moon
SACRED SHINDIG: A Sharing Circle
with Goddess play, Goddess stories, songs, jokes
and other shenanigans!
Wear your Sacred Garb!
Be ready for interactive surprises and
a Circle of Participatory Power